Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Raksha Bandhan

I swapped some plums for courgettes with one of the playground mums.  Just look at the size of it (shown here with his regular-sized little brother)!

I know the traditional thing would be to bake it but I quite fancy trying this Caribbean Marrow Cake recipe.

I could have incorporated into the Raksha Bandhan feast but we'd already decided on saag aloo, chick pea dhal and cucumber and mint raita.  Emily made a really great job of the rotis.
The Raksha Bandhan festival is entirely dedicated to the love and affection shared between a brother and a sister.  Siblings exchange Rakhi, bracelets made from entwined threads.   Isn't it a lovely idea?  We have Father's Day and Mothering Sunday, why not siblings day?

In the evening Nigel and watched the first episode of Neverwhere - I think I'm going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!