Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Sew Far, Sew Good

I've been waiting patiently for a second hand sewing machine to come up for sale either on eBay, a charity shop or even on Freecycle but with no luck.  Then, this morning, I went to do some grocery shopping at Lidl and saw they had some SilverCrest models for sale at £59.99.

I went home and cooled my heels for a while and with Nigel's encouragement, returned to the shop to buy it.  I'm so glad I did.  It is just what I need and really easy to thread.

I'm an absolute beginner.  My knowledge of sewing and haberdashery is on a par with my knowledge of cars and motor sports.  Just like driving, I have yet to master speed control, position in the road and I haven't tried reversing round corners yet.

But I can sew!  Sort of.  I made my first shopping bag (from an upcycled top). 

Undeterred by my obvious lack of talent, my loyal girls asked me to make them 'something'.  My attempts to create a small stuffed bird were a tad ambitious but the resultant 'seahorse' was well received.

I'm going to have great fun with this - just don't expect to see my work on Etsy any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Pauline for this fabby link - www.amybutlerdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!