Our market place neighbours were the Edinburgh Chinese Culture Association, and East Coast FM. It was really nice to meet our fellow Fair-Traders from The Green Gift Company and the One World Shop.
It's a learning curve for me. Things to remember for next time:
- Other stallholders had items packed in individual containers which made good use of the table space. I'm going to start looking out for interesting boxes, suitcases, portmanteaux...
- A 'bag of tricks' including hooks, sellotape, scissors is very handy.
- Take a flask and snack.
- Taking orders (on a pay on collection basis) for higher priced items worked well.
- Upturned crates make good platform for boxes of things in front of table
- Cards take up too much room on the table
- The things with very obvious price signage sold well - people don't like picking things up to see price.
- It was a financial success, however the stall was free and the event was very well advertised and organised - we cannot expect the same at other events.
- Success can't be measured in items sold - we met potential customers, networked and learned a few things.