Wednesday, 6 October 2010

It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue

Thank Hades that's over. 

I am of course talking about the tory conference.  I have never wanted to punch someone in the face quite as much as Michael Goves.  It's not just the utter shite he comes out with about education but his actual face.


There's only so much stress I can tolerate over a couple of days so it was perhaps unfortunate timing that my outlaws should be visiting Prestonpans at the same time David Scameron and the Eton trifles were hitting Birmingham.

On the positive side, they brought with them my youngest brother-in-law, his girlfriend and her lovely wee girl.  Our girls had been so excited at the prospect of having a two year old stay with us and we were all very much looking forward to meeting them.

The girls got on really well and played happily together.  Over a cup of coffee, C cleared her throat and said "We could do with some more space now...." and before she could finish the sentence my dragon-in-law interrupted with "Before you hear it from anyone else, C is pregnant...with twins".


I'm thrilled at the exciting news but...my new sister-in-law had travelled over five hours to tell us the news - talk about stealing someone's thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!