Thursday, 4 November 2010

Biospheres

Dynamic Earth is a cool conference venue with its Biosphere, Stratosphere and Ozone suites.  I was there for a Malawi trade event.

I arrived just in time to hear former Scottish First Minister Jack McConnell launch the event (which marks the fifth anniversary of the signing of the Co-operation Agreement between Scotland and Malawi - you can sign the pledge to support the friendship between our two countries here).


I caught up with my Small World colleagues, Catherine, Christopher, Gail, Rosemary and Sandra,  in the marketplace.  I especially liked the Dedza range of pottery and the intricate woodcarvings from the Mua Mission Cooperative (available from Just Trading Scotland from whom we buy our chutney, sauces and pickles).

We had just enough time for a coffee and chat with fellow fair traders Richard and Barbara for Earth Matters in North Berwick before going our separate ways.


In the evening, I called for Annemarie to walk down to the Thorntree together.  She's gotten past her writer's block and was telling me a bit about her latest novel.  She had to explain about Essential Whole Earth Catalog  and Biosphere 2 though. 

Waiting in the pub were Carmel and Susan.  I returned The Crying Tree, gave away The Accidental
and brought home The Idea of Perfection and I, Alex Cross.  I'm currently reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.  We didn't actually discuss books of course, but we had a good old blether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!