Sunday, 5 December 2010

Léon, The Professional

I've just watched a really, really dumb film.  It's in the top 5 of the most annoying films I have ever watched.

As I've wasted 110 minutes of my life watching this, I don't feel inclined to offer a critique on Léon, The Professional, the story of a 12 year old girl who hooks up with a hitman.

But....I did get something positive from the experience.....

...in searching for information about the film's location (I'm slightly obsessive about the Roosevelt Island Tramway) I found On The Set Of New York - a website devoted to films shot in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

The trams have only just started operating again from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island after a nine month closure while it was upgraded.  If you take a trip to NY, be sure to include this 3 minute journey in your itinerary.

I love, love, love Roosevelt Island and often like looking at  RIOC - a website designed for residents - well, a girl can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!