Monday, 13 December 2010

Missed Off

Missed Connection
Today sees Scotrail's new timetables come into force.  The change on the Edinburgh - North Berwick route means that Nigel missed his connection.  Which pissed me off.


Missed the Post
I have long since adjusted to the fact that my extended family do not remember birthdays or send thank you letters.  I received a package the day before yesterday and duly wrote a letter expressing my gratitude the same day.  Today I received a phone call 'wondering if I had received it'.  Which pissed me off.


Missed a golden opportunity
The 50th anniversary of Coronation Street has been built up for months.  So far in the tram disaster/gas explosion storyline, there have been three deaths.  At no point was organ donation mentionedWhich pissed me off.


To make up for being such a grumpy pants, here's a couple of things you don't want to miss:


Leith Festival's first ever Christms Panto called A-lad-in Leith based on Aladdin.  It runs Wednesday 15th to Saturday 18th December at 7.30pm at the Cruise Liner Terminal (take first left at the Ocean Terminal round about), Leith.

Tickets cost £7 or £5 for kids and concessions. The Saturday Gala Night performance is £10 and includes a wee drink of bubbly and OJ on arrival, and drinks and nibbles during interval.  Tickets can be booked online at www.leithfestival.com


Malcy Duff's exhibition "The Oil Bird Flew", a selection of original pages from his new comic 19 - 21 December 2010, 3 - 6pm.  Opening Night 18th December at 7p.m. with Usurper/Fritz Welch trio and Scrim. 32/8 Sandport Street, Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!